Oh boy, I had no idea what I was getting into when I decided to add materials to my online portfolio. By the end of my update, I had:
- Switched plans and servers with my web host.
- Changed my gallery plug-in three times.
- Reorganized the DESIGN section.
- Learned moving databases, websites and all their accessories is not for the faint of heart!
Luckily, I got all the kinks worked out and learned a lot in the process. I am happy to say my hosting provider, 1and1.com really came through for me with very thorough, helpful customer service. The final (for now) product is:
- I got rid of the BROCHURES page in favor of PUBLICATIONS.
- I added extra categories and sections, including INFOGRAPHICS and PHOTO.
- I split the ADVERTISEMENTS section, so you can more easily see consistency and branding between campaigns.
- I added a ton of content! Now INVITATIONS, DIRECT MAIL and SIGNAGE all have samples with more to come.
I love that my job gives me something different to do most days, but that means it can feel overwhelming to keep an updated portfolio. I hope this reorganization and added space means I can keep you posted on all of my marketing adventures!