Another facet of my involvement in the annual conference was booking and working with the event’s keynote speakers.
Working with the executive director, my duties included:
- researching speaker options for both timeslots (a futurist for the morning and an inspiring human interest speaker that could relate their topic to leadership and business).
- finding speakers that fit the necessary content, style and budget requirements.
- negotiating and contracting with the speaker or their bureau and working with UW Purchasing to ensure payment.
- facilitate introductory meeting between UWEBC leadership and speaker.
- provide logistical and preparatory support (e.g., transportation, hotel, event details).
- working with speakers on content customization, A/V needs and any university relationships.
- promoting speakers’ presence at conference and provide conference materials for speaker to use.
- hosting speakers at preconference reception and during the conference.
Both conference speakers received favorable ratings in the post-conference survey. For the Opening Keynote, 86% of survey-takers agreed or strongly agreed with I found the Keynote speaker presentation valuable, while the Closing Keynote saw 80.7% agree or strongly agree with the same statement.
Please do not distribute content on these pages.